Interested in becoming a member of Minnesota PRSA? Looking to accelerate your public relations career?
Being a Minnesota PRSA member allows you to easily network with hundreds of local and thousands of national PR professionals like you—leaders who are dedicated to exchanging insights and resources to help advance communications programs locally and, ultimately, each other’s careers.
With nearly 300 members, Minnesota PRSA is the ninth largest chapter among 116 chapters nationwide.
Local PRSA Benefits:
- Professional development – “How-to” events and access to past educational presentations, including free national webinars
- Career Center – An invaluable database for jobseekers, mentors and employers
- Committees and Leadership Opportunities – A chance to get involved, meet peers and develop skills
- Public Service and Pro-bono opportunities – Meet real needs and provide real experience
- Classics Awards – High-profile recognition of outstanding accomplishments and contributions
- The Link – The chapter’s monthly e-newsletter on the people, events and programs of the chapter
- Member Profile database - A searchable database of chapter members
- Find-A-Firm database - A database of local agencies and independent consultants that are involved in Minnesota PRSA as members
National PRSA Benefits:
PRSA wants you to make the most of your membership and to help position you for greater success through career-enhancing tools and resources. Through member participation, PRSA is able to build on the value of our profession in the marketplace and fortify our industry’s commitment to excellence!
Your Membership Keeps You Connected to:
- More than 21,000 PR pros committed to excellence and ethics
- Leadership and volunteer opportunities
- Local Chapter and District networking
- Sector-specific resources and events with Professional Interest Sections
Your Membership Deepens Knowledge Through:
- 60 FREE webinars, live and on demand, throughout the year
- The PRSA Code of Ethics and opportunities for Accreditation in Public Relations (APR) that offer practical guidelines for defining professionalism and success
- Publications and research. Find public relations news, research and case studies for the insight you need now. Start your morning with our daily Issues & Trends. Later, read the latest in Public Relations Tactics, The Public Relations Strategist or Silver Anvil Award-winning case studies
- Jobcenter, which provides career-advancing tools for all career levels
The Member Benefits page provides a comprehensive overview of national member benefits.
- Discounts. Lower your professional and personal expenses with preferred rates on PRSA events, insurance, technology, relocation services, shipping, car rental, financial planning and more
- The RFP Exchange. Seek new business leads or post your own call-out with the RFP Exchange, a great starting point for developing new opportunities
- Find a Firm. Meet new business partners by using the Find-A-Firm tool to search by geography or specialization
- PR QuickStart, free Web-based training for new professionals, created in partnership with PRSA’s Counselors Academy and the Council of Public Relations Firms
For more information, please visit PRSA National Member Benefits.